- WelcomeThe PNC Fairfax Connection is a free community resource center designed to strengthen and connect the community by empowering area residents and businesses to achieve their goals while celebrating the community's rich history and heritage.
Happy BirthdaySheila M.
- OctoberOctober Highlights: Saturday, October 18th 12:30pm - 1:30pm Yoga for Beginners - Yoga is a unique way of strengthening and toning your body, improving flexibility and enhancing your sense of well-being. All ages welcome.
- 56 men signed the Declaration of Independence
The first and most famous signature on the engrossed copy was that of John Hancock, President of the Continental Congress. Two future presidents, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, were among the signators.
- On which island is the Statue of Liberty built?
The Statue of Liberty is a national monument built on Liberty Island. The statue, desinged by Frederic Auguste Bartholdi and dedicated on October 28, 1886, was a gift to the United States from the people of France.
- Who wrote the Pledge of Allegiance?
Francis Julius Bellamy, an American author wrote the original Pledge of Allegiance in 1892 which was originally published in the Youth's Companion, a nationally circulated magazine created for adolescents.