- WelcomeThe PNC Fairfax Connection is a free community resource center designed to strengthen and connect the community by empowering area residents and businesses to achieve their goals while celebrating the community's rich history and heritage.
- AugustProgram Highlights: Financial Empowerment: Wednesday, August 13th - Mystery Solved: Understanding Your Credit Report Wade Oval Wednesdays: August 20th in University Circle - good music, friends and tons of fun!
- J.D. Salinger wrote this novel published in 1951
The autobiographical nature of The Catcher In the Rye became the voice of a whole generation of young men wedged in frustration over the conventions of society. The novel also became the most taught book of the 20th century with its inclusion in the curriculum of high school literature.
- Whitney Houston cited in Guinness World Records
Whitney Elizabeth Houston (August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012) was an American singer, actress, producer, and model. In 2009, Guinness World Records cited her as the most awarded female act of all time. Houston was one of the world's best-selling music artists, having sold over 200 million records worldwide.
- Who wrote the Pledge of Allegiance?
Francis Julius Bellamy, an American author wrote the original Pledge of Allegiance in 1892 which was originally published in the Youth's Companion, a nationally circulated magazine created for adolescents.